The next HCRTA Luncheon is Wednesday, May 9, 2018
" Spring Into Retirement" April 26, 2018
4:00pm to 7:00pm-Sharon Woods Heritage Village
Hamilton County Retired Teachers Association
70 Years of Serving the Teachers of Hamilton County ,Ohio
Greetings from Michael L. Ward, 2018 Hamilton County Retired Teachers Association President.
I look forward to serving the retired teachers of Hamilton County Ohio. The HCRTA Board Members and I ,are developing strategies that we hope will make the HCRTA a model for other retired teachers associations in 2018. 2017 was the 70th anniversary of the founding of HCRTA in 1947. We celebrated the anniversary in the Spring of 2017. For 2018 we will be having an event at Sharon Woods Heritage Village, that will combine our continuing fund raising for the restoration of the Meyer's School House and a reception for newly retiring teachers of Hamilton County.The event is scheduled for April 26. 2018 at the Sharon Woods Heritage Village. More information will be published in coming months. We are continuing to implement community out reach programs that will involve HCRTA members in different volunteer activities. We plan on once again, offering our members excellent travel opportunities, local historical seminars and programs, HCRTA College scholarships for high school seniors, and our popular luncheons. We will be updating our HCRTA Newsletter, to bring our members the latest information related to retirement topics. Besides this website, we are also on Facebook, in order to offer insights, information, and an opportunity to get feed back and suggestions. Please "Friend HCRTA" on Facebook!
Michael L. Ward
Check out our Facebook site at www.facebook.com/ hamiltoncountyretiredteachersassociation/
Join an organization that supports Retired Teachers in Hamilton County, Ohio.
Hamilton County Retired Teachers Association represents your future in Retirement.
The purpose of the Hamilton County Retired Teachers Association, from ARTICLE II of the constitution and bylaws of HCRTA:
The purposes of this nonprofit Association shall be to:
- promote the social,professional,economic status, and the dignity of retired teachers
- aid in the advancement of education and to help retired teachers maintain identity with the teaching profession.
- support ORTA by the Association's membership and by assistance and cooperation in all ORTA statewide activities with emphasis on local, state and, regional meetings.
- support ORTA by promoting individual memberships and appropriate legislative projects and programs of those associations.
- support NRTA/AARP by promoting individual memberships and appropriate legislative projects and programs of those Associations.
- foster good fellowship among retired teachers.
- encourage members to maintain interest in and to participate in educational, legislative, and community activities.
Affiliated with the Ohio retired Teachers Association, it lobbies on your behalf with STRS, Ohio Department of Education, and the Ohio Governor and legislature.
The retired teachers association is the voice of Ohio’s retired educators, which advocates and promotes the improvement of pensions, benefits, and services available to retired educators.
The purpose of the Association is to encourage individuals to improve and develop their capabilities to meet the social and economic changes and issues with retirement.
Hamilton County Retired Teachers Association sponsors, a monthly newsletter, that included retirement related information, a monthly luncheon, social and cultural events, travel opportunities, and scholarships for future teachers.
There is 1400 member of Hamilton County Retired Teachers Association, we need new retirees to stay strong and prepare for the futures.